Tuesday, May 29, 2007

moved to pclinuxos2007

Yesterday I moved from Ubuntu (edgy xubuntu) to Plinux0s2007 (PCLOS). I have been reading a lot of very good reviews of PCLOlS and I decided to give it a try since it came as a live cd with an option to install.

I tried the live cd and I liked how PLCOS worked. I have had a few minor problems with xubuntu, such as fash 9 not working well), and when I tried these functions on PCLOS they worked fine. I decided to install PCLOS on my lap top as a dual boot option, but in the process of doing this I totally screwed up my hard drive and lost all my data.

This is not such a big deal since I have all my important stuff backed up off-line. I decided that rather than reinstall ubuntu, I would install PCLOS instead. The install went well and was super easy. I reloaded all my key data and was up and running in a couple of hours. I then installed some programs from the PCLOS repository and configured my system the way I like it (e.g. xfce4 instead of kde, etc.).

So far everything works like a charm and, in general , I like it better than ubuntu (which I liked a lot).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home