Sunday, November 28, 2004

Failures

This past week I tried to set up my main Linux computer to be a router for my other Linux boxes and I have not been able to make it work. I have followed instructions that I found in books and on-line carefully but nothing seems to work. I have even tried using knoppix on two machines but still nothing works.

I have also tried to install User Mode Linus (a virtual computer setup). The software installs from an RPM, but when I try to boot up the virtual machine I get a lot of errors. I have a couple of magazine articles that may hold the answer, but for now this is one more thing that ain't working for me.

I have also tried to remaster a knoppix disk, but apparently I can't do it using an ext3 file system and all my hard drives use ext3 file systems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home