Thursday, October 21, 2004

flashdrive

Yesterday I tried to use my sd disk card as a flash drive on my linux and my wife's windows xp pcs and it worked like a charm.

I have two sd card reader / writer usb devices and I put one on each machine. Windows xp just recognised the drive without any problems. On Linux I had to mount the drive as /dev/sda1. Kudzu might recognize it if I have the drive plugged in when I boot I will have to try this. Knoppix recognizes it without any problem. Otherwise I can just put an entry into /etc/fstab to auto mount it. Windows does do a better job than linux in this regard.

In any case, it all worked great. This will be convient when I have only one machine up and I download a file that I want to move to another machine later. Also it is cheaper than the thumb drives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home